Saturday, May 19, 2007

Moby Grape

recently I learned from
wood and steel

the taylor guitar magazine
that one of my favorite bands ever
may be working again.
moby grape, what a fabulous band,
easily in my top 5 bands of all time.
if you have never heard their music
I suggest you find their first album
pictured here titled moby grape.

the original cover shown here
has drummer/writer don stevenson
flipping the bird. of course it was
airbrushed out later.

much has been written about how
they should have "made it big"
but in my musical mind they are
HUGE.

2 comments:

  1. i love posts like this, where artists share bands/music that move them; this is how I learned of KC in the first place! We know The Beatles are also within Adrian's top 5 ... I'd like to know to learnof the other 3 entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've never pegged you, Adrian, as a Moby Grape fan. Top five. Wow. Speaking of "Wow", I could never get into that album. Loved the cover art though. I used it for the background of a fish tank in the early 80's.

    The debut Moby Grape album is great. I would check them out if they toured.

    ReplyDelete